Southern-Style Creamy Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Total: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
2 pounds chicken breast, chopped
½ cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons hot sauce
3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
5 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons BoCa Flavor's Taíno Spice
- In a large bowl, combine the hot sauce, relish, and mayonnaise, then set aside.
- Rinse and pat the chicken breasts dry, then chop into cubes and place into a large stainless steel mixing bowl. Season with Taíno Spice. Add the cornstarch and toss to evenly coat.
- In a large pan, heat a thin layer of oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot enough, add the coated chicken in an even layer (discarding any excess coating). Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip the chicken to cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes until evenly browned and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to the bowl of creamy dressing, then stir to coat. Add additional Taíno Spice, sea salt, and pepper if desired.
- Serve the dressed chicken immediately for maximum goodness!