$5.95 Flat Rate Shipping on All Orders
Carib-Mex Shrimp & Tomatillo Sour Cream
Yield: 4 servings
Total: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 pound shrimp, tail-on
½ medium white or green cabbage
1 red onion
¼ cup sour cream
1 navel orange
⅓ cup tomatillo-poblano sauce
Olive oil, preferably basting oil infused with garlic & herbs
1.5 tablespoons BoCa Flavor's Taíno Spice
Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Cut out and discard the core of the cabbage, then medium dice the leaves. Peel and halve the onion, then cut into 1 inch wedges.
- Transfer the cut vegetables to a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive or basting oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange in an even layer. Roast for 22-24 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile the vegetables are roasting, peel and medium dice the orange, then place into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tomatillo-poblano sauce and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the shrimp shell, keeping the tail on, rinse and pat the until dry, then place in a medium stainless steel mixing bowl. Season with Taíno Spice and toss to evenly coat.
- In a medium pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned shrimp in an even layer. Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly opaque. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2-3 minutes until opaque and cooked through. Turn off heat.
- To the bowl of diced oranges, add the roasted vegetables and Peruvian peppers, stirring to combine. Add additional Taíno Spice, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Serve the finished vegetables topped with the cooked shrimp and tomatillo sour cream. Buen provecho / bon appetit!