Carib-Mex Roasted Delicata Squash
Yield: 4 servings
Total: 25 minutes
Prep: 5 minute
Cook: 20 minutes
1-2 delicata squash, small to medium sized
olive oil, for drizzling
salt & pepper, to taste
1 tsp ancho chile (or chili) powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
1 tsp BoCa Flavor Taíno Spice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blend the chile, paprika, garlic, cumin, oregano and Taíno Spice in a small bowl.
- Wash and dry delicata. Cut off and discard the ends; halve lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard the pulp and seeds, then thinly slice 1⁄4 inch thick pieces crosswise.
- Place on a prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and ⅓ of the Taíno Spice-Mexican blend. Toss or use a brush to evenly coat all sides.
- Arrange in an even layer and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender with slightly crispy skin. Remove from oven and enjoy!